Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why I am a Christian


The final answer to this question is, I am a sinner.  Sin can put a person in hell for all eternity.  Being put there would be a just punishment for breaking God's laws.  Without the righteous sacrifice that Jesus made for me, I would be in hell and deservedly so.  Without Him, I would have no hope.  I am a Christian because I need to be forgiven.  Jesus actually became sin on my behalf.  I have accepted Him as Lord and Savior because that is His rightful position.  As a follower of Jesus of Nazareth, I am yielding to Him to have His way in my life.  My hope is to mimic Him and conform to His image.  But, yes, ultimately I am a Christian because I am a sinner and I see that I have sinned against a Holy God and I need His forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.