Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

City pool

One thing I have added to my life this year is going to the city pool for exercise.  My wife is a city employee and a benefit that extends to any city employees immediate family is a free pass to the pool.  Well, I jumped on that.  I like water, swimming, and being warm.  I have gone a few times now and have sort of put together a routine.  I like to go when few children are present.  Most of the people there are older than I am and I am okay with that.  Older folks general stay in their lanes and talk among themselves.  What I do is change into my shorts and t-shirt and head to the gym.  I walk or jog on the treadmill for between 20 and 25 minutes.  Then I lift free weights for a while.  After that I change into my swimming trunks.  After showering I jump into the pool and do a few laps.  I like to mix up my swimming style.  When I am through there, I will get into the shower again, change, and go home.  I like the warm up that I experience by being in the pool and shower and I also like how I am toning my body.  So far, it has been a good time.  Hopefully, I will make some friends in the future.  I also hope to continue to have a far amount of flexibility in my schedule so that I can regularly work out at the city pool for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.