Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Application

During this career search that I am on, I have contacted a number of companies who were advertising positions that I thought looked attractive.  One area that could use improvement in this process is the application.  Some require you to print out their application, fill it in with ink, and mail it in.  Yes, you guessed it.  That was a government posting.  Others require that you set up a profile before applying.  Others request an email with your resume.  This is crazy.  I would like to see one, simply application used by every place of employment.  One and done.  I have all the information and could fill out an application once for everyone in the comfort of my own home.  Then I could attach it to an email or upload it to a company site.  The issue here is how silly it is to apply again and again in formate after formate when it is all pretty much the same information.  I hope to see this one day.  Employers, I hope that you demand it once I have created it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.