Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter

Winter is not my favorite season.  It is cold and dark which limits what I can do.  There is snow and ice that need to be cleared and scraped away.  The temperature drives me inside and my interest in being outside is severely limited.  Activities that are somewhat popular for this time of year are not ones that I engage in.  I do not snowmobile, ice fish, or ski.  Those things just do not have an appeal.  I have downhill skied in the past but have not gone for years.  So to me, it is a very limiting time of year, somewhat depressing, and a waiting game.  What I end up doing is spending more time on the computer, reading books, and watching more television.  At some point, I would like to be in a place that has shorter winters, where the hope of spring dawns sooner, and where I could get some relief from the painful cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.