Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eat your vegetables

I eat my vegetables.  It seems like I eat more than most do.  Eating them is not something I complain about.  At lunch, I may have carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, pickles and/or cucumbers.  Sometimes I will have a salad.  I like salads with a lot of variety and crunch.  For dinner my favorite vegetable is green beans.  Usually there is a container on the shelf that was canned last summer that I will pop open and bring to a boil on the stove.  I will also have potatoes, peas, brocoli and corn for supper.  Sometimes, we will just slice tomatoes and put salt on them and eat them raw.  Nothing fancy but just plain good-for-you.  Vegetables have a good taste that is not found in other foods.  They are also filling and fairly cheap.  Vegetable grown in your own garden are especially lovely and easy to enjoy.  So if you want to fill up and not spend a lot, vegetables are a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.