Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Grief over the loss of life in Newtown Connecticut


It is not my habit to keep up with the news.  Due to my hope to keep my thoughts on things more positive and helpful was why I was unaware of the tragic events that happened Friday in Newtown Connecticut.  It wasn't until I was almost ready to go to bed on Friday night that my wife told me of the murders.

My belief is that these children, ages ranging from 5 to 10, are now in heaven.  I base this on the words of Jesus who said "Let the little children come to me".  Jesus ascended to heaven after His time on earth and is now sitting at the right hand of God the Father.  So those children too will be in heaven.

On Saturday, as I had time to myself, I thought of the deaths, the pain, the blood, and the parents who found out their child was among the dead.  I cried.  I wept.  I had a lump in my throat.  I sobbed.  I grieved with the nation.

My prayers where for the parents and for all those affected by such a horrific scene at a school meant for education and betterment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.