Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Looking forward to heaven


I am getting to that point in life where departing to heaven is becoming more and more attractive.

Paul's words in Philippians 1:23 are making more and more sense.  "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better."  The same battles are fought again and again.  The same stories are told and re-told.  The same experiences are done again and again.  There are things I would like to do to make life better but many times, my goals are never realized.

I use to think that a man dying before 30 was tragic and that he didn't live long enough.  Now, I think that amount of time is enough to get right with God and depart.  I am well on the other side of that and I now see that dying young actually keeps a person from a lot of pain and grief.  There are many ways to die and I think about how it will occur to me.  Car accident, heart attack, disease.  I am not sure.  The pain that comes with death I am not looking forward to.  But leaving this earth, with its many problems and ills, sounds better and better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.