Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wal-Mart is not a bank

I was watching the World Series tonight and one of the banners in the back ground was saying, "Wal-Mart.  Save Money.  Live Better."  If one didn't know better, one would think Wal-Mart is a bank.  It is not a bank.  It is not a credit union.  It is not a saving institution of any kind.  It is a place to go to buy things and spend money.  Saving money is adding to your savings account or mutual fund.  This is all marketing folks.  Don't buy into it.  I have not shopped at Wal-Mart for some time now.  The last time I was in their store was when I was on vacation.  My wife had to buy a swim suit and there really were not any options.  I don't shop at their stores because they don't have anything I want, there are other retail options, and I don't like the feel of their stores.  I don't like messy, cramped, and an all around poor image.  I choose to shop other stores who do not try and trick me into thinking I am saving money by spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.