Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why I don't use the f-word.

Why don't I use the f-word?  First of all, I can't see my parents saying it.  In the home I grew up in, piss and damn were not even allowed.  Secondly, it lowers a loving act into nothing more than a compulsion beyond control.  Sex is God's idea and therefore we should treat it has holy and use the gift in the best possible way.  If we need to speak of it, it should be lifted up not torn down.  Thirdly, we are all a product of two people uniting and to say that we are just a by product of some grunts and groans is unseemly.  We are made in the image of God and therefore each of us has much worth.  Fourthly, bringing sex into any and every conversation brings to mind something that maybe inappropriate for the situation.  Maybe there are men and women together or maybe the conversation is about something else entirely.  Why do we have to have the subject of sex interjected when it is not the topic at the moment?  I vote that we dismiss this word from our collective vocabulary because it does not reflect the true nature of what it is trying to describe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.