Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Apple's Podcast app


Apple recently release an app called Podcast.  As you can imagine, it is an app that plays podcasts of all kinds.  I am a big podcast fan but I am not a fan of Podcast.  This app is not even usable at this point.  When I first downloaded it to my iPod Touch and started to use it, the programs would play but it has become more and more slow and now it won't even open.  I like the idea of separating podcasts from iTunes and into an app of their own.  In fact, I have deleted almost all of my favorite podcasts from iTunes and not having iTunes run in the background of my computer is certainly helping my it run better and faster.  But if I can't get them on Podcast, I will have to go back to iTunes or find some other way of hearing them.  I have found Stitcher to be very good for downloading and listening to programs but not all of my favorites are available there.  

I hope Apple releases an update soon.  In fact, the lack of quality of their app is very puzzling as the company usually is known for quality, simplicity and elegance.  It is almost as if they are driving people to other sources like Instacast.

How do you listen to podcasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.