Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On-line newspaper goes to a subscription model


Our local newspaper has a very good website that I have been using and enjoying for years.  This month they decided to go with a subscription model.  I don't even want to know what they are charging as I have decided to move on.  There are several television channels in our area that have the same news and I can access their web content for free.  I think this was not a good decision.  News is almost a community service that keeps people informed of day-to-day events for awareness and sometimes even for safety.  Sure, I'll allow for a few ads but I will not be paying for the news.  It isn't that valuable to me.  I wish them well, but I predict that they will reverse their decision in the next year.

Are you willing to pay a subscription fee for your news?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.