Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 14, 2012

Independence and Intelligence


This is a time in my life where I actually feel well-balanced.  I am able to spend time with my wife, I have completed several things around the house that needed to get done, I have time to myself to read and reflect, I am meeting new people at classes and clubs, and I am exercising 5 times per week.  What I am doing is living a pretty good life.  Without a doubt, this is very close to the life I would choose to live if money were no object.  Speaking of money, that is the one missing component.  All this freedom is wonderful but practically, I do need income.  Most likely, I will need to land a job.  (Although, I would like to start my own business).  However, that job needs to have a certain mix of independence and intelligence.  I like having freedom of movement.  I did not like having to be boxed into a cubical for 50 weeks a year.  That leaves me drained and unsociable at the end of the day.  I enjoy traveling and going out to do things.  I also need a certain level of intelligence.  Now, I am not the smartest person, however, I do have a clear mind, I have read 100's of books since college and have even passed quite a few tests since that time.  That is all to say that I do need mental stimulation.  So that is what I am looking for.  Independence and intelligence.  I have those things now and I would like to carry them with me into my next opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.