Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When no one sees my unique value


Who I am and what I have to offer is a tough sell evidently as no one seems to be buying.  Where are the customers that want honesty, integrity, and dependability?  I respect other people, those in management, and those I work with.  I care for the equipment, our collective goals, and the environment.  I can understand and follow instructions.  Yet, these soft skills are not much wanted in today's work world.  Corporations evidently want the person who crushes their competition, claws his way to the top, and keeps profits ahead of all other considerations.  Yet they gripe about employees lack of values, thief, and destruction of property.  Apparently wanting both sides is not seen as the contradiction it so obviously is.

So what does one do at this point when his unique value is not wanted in the market place?  I don't have the answer.  Almost everywhere I have worked has been a place where I have had to drop the real me off at the door and bend to their demands.  This is a difficult challenge and one that leads to burn out.  Compromising everyday for money is just so dejecting and exhausting.

Even though I don't fully know what I would like to do, I know that I would like to have control over what it is I am doing.  I can manage myself and I make good decisions.  I like to process work and move things forward.  That is where I am at and seeing that I will need to work independently is a start to what opportunity I get into next.

What have you done when no one has seen your unique value as useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.