Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Visiting the Optometrist


It has been years since I have visited an Optometrist.  Honestly, I don't think my eyes are any worse for it.  The last time I went to the eye doctor, I did the same routine of looking at the screen with one eye open and then the other.  I had already known that my right eye is slightly stronger than my left eye.  My eyes collectively are great and I would guess I am at the 20/20 level after having lasik eye surgery over ten years ago.  After being in a dark room, going through several exams and tests, and having some stress from being under scrutiny, the doctor said my left eye was slightly less clear than it should be.  He said he could fix it.  This was not at all helpful.  He really blew his credibility.  I can see fine and I usually have both eyes open so I see quite clearly.  For such a small difference, he wanted to get me back to using glasses.  Remember that an optometrist is a salesman too.  He makes money off of you buying eye care products.  To keep your eyes healthy, do the following.  Lower your stress, get your rest, and eat a wide variety of nutritious food.  It is also important to be out in natural light and don't stare at anything for long.  Move your eyes about and focus on different things.  Get eye surgery if you need to but don't fall for the idea that you always will need corrective lenses of some sort.  It is possible to improve and keep your vision.

What have you done to keep or even improve your eyesight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.