Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 25, 2012

Spending time at a mini farm


This week I was out at a family members homestead mowing his lawn, trimming trees, and cleaning the garage.  It was so nice to work alone, see progress, and feel like I had accomplished something.  This place is way out there.  It is at least a half hour beyond a small town.  Large farm fields stretch everywhere as we are driving to the place.  We visit once a week or once every two weeks.  I like going out to it because it is a way to give back and help someone who can no longer live on his own.  It is also nice because of the openness of that part of the state.  Obviously it takes time to travel there and some effort to make anything happen.  At this time of year, it is easier to be out there because the weather is nice and there is something meaningful to do.  I can only guess as to what is going to happen to this mini farm.  Maybe someone will buy it, though like I said it is not near anything, and it is not in the best of shape.  Or a family member will take it over.  If it was literally abandoned, would it go to the county?  I hope it doesn't come to that.  Realistically though, I wonder how long we can keep the place up to at least some level of acceptability.  I wish more work had been done to it to get it ready to sell before the owner was forced to move.  That would have made our jobs a lot easier now.  A buyer could be out there.  I just wonder what price it will bring.

What is the best way to sell a rural property for a family member?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.