Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Signed up for a class

Yesterday, I was applying at a technical college and the thought came to me that if I got the job I could start taking one class at a time toward a master's degree.  I found out that this particular college did not offer any master's program.  So I looked at areas of study.  The information technology programs were interesting.  I read through the requirements for certificates in IT - Database, IT - Mobile Applications Development, IT - Network Infrastructure, and IT - Security.  After talking to an instructor of Information Technology, she directed me to the certificate for IT - Security.  This is a high need area and very much in demand.  There are only four classes to gain the certification.  She thought that I would be helped by having the certification but it wasn't absolutely necessary for a job in the field.  I personally don't want to take classes just to take classes.  At this point in my life, I believe I need to be learning as I am earning.  Don't get me wrong.  I want to grow intellectually and personally as I consider myself a life-long learner.  It is just that I would like to be making deposits in my checking account as I am making deposits in my brain.  The class starts this summer, runs about two months, and can be done entirely online.  After this class is successfully completed, I want to take at least one more class for the certification in the fall and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.