Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 26, 2012

Good input


I firmly believe that if you put good things into your mind and soul it will result in good actions and a successful life.  It has been said, garbage in garbage out.  That is true but let's focus on the good and forget about the garbage.

I try to read blogs everyday that will give me direction and hope.  Blogs from authors like Dan Miller, Seth Godin, and Scott Wimberly.  I read my Bible and devotional (Great Is Thy Faithfulness by Larry Burkett and Our Daily Bread) daily to remind me of God's faithful and constant love.  I listen to upbeat music that contains truth and meets me on a deeper level, washing my soul.  It is important to me to have the right things coming into my ears and eyes.  In a sense, I am making my life an experiment.  As I age, I am applying a thicker filter on what I allow into my life as there is less time and so much good material.  So I stay away from books, movies, and people who use bad language.  I say "no" to the horror movies and violent films.  Fiction is almost always disappointing, so I have set that aside for the most part.  Instead, I watch movies with a redeeming story line.  I read non-fiction and biographies that give me hope because someone else has overcome obstacles and made it.

I would encourage you to be careful on what you allow into your life.  The music, videos and books you consume will affect your beliefs, your actions, and ultimately your legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.