Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Idea for new blog


My goal for next year is to start a new blog.  I would like it to be on some topic that I could focus on and build my platform from it.  This topic would need to be something that I have passion for.  It would also need to have some level of depth to it where I would not exhaust it too quickly.  I would want to write 2 or 3 entries per week.  It would need to be an area that is not already blogged to death, like money and finances.  The name of the blog would need to be short and clear.

This may not be that idea but let me share it with you.  The topic would be "signs".  In Wisconsin, we are sign happy.  There are so many road signs in this state telling you what to do and where to go.  There is more information on the side of the road than you would ever want to know.  I see this over use of signs as a problem.  It wastes resources and is quite annoying.  People assume that if there is a sign, people will do what is says but the truth is the sign does not always mean compliance.  I could take pictures of silly, stupid, and redundant signs and then post my comments.  I would, in essence, be informing the public and giving feedback to the DOT.

I don't know if I will actually do this but it was an idea I had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.