Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 16, 2011

Keeping out of the spotlight

In the well-know song “Limelight” by the rock band Rush, there is a line that says, “Living in the limelight, the universal dream”.  Although the song is catchy, I have to say that being on stage, in the spotlight, or in any way having fame is not my dream or appealing in the least bit.  Performing in front of people, being called out, speaking in front of groups, is not at all my style.  I feel very uncomfortable with this.  I would much prefer working behind the scenes, having my privacy and anonymity.  I like doing my tasks off camera where I am not observed or open to criticism.   I take pride in being kept off the front page.  It is my goal to work privately and independently, to earn a good living for sure, but in a place not known to many people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.