Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Spend money to save money - part 5

Cable or satellite television is something I have not paid for directly.  I just can't bring myself to pay for something that is available for free.  I would encourage people to cut the cable TV and ditch the dish and buy an antenna to receive free over-the-air high-definition broadcasts.  Here is one that I like and have inside my house on top of a book case that receives all the major stations in my area.  It is only $30 but does require to be plugged in while in use.  Here is an outside antenna package that I would like to have.  It is only $100.  Being an outside antenna, I would think it could pick up a few more channels.  These antennas are one time purchases whereas cable and dish are on-going monthly outlays of about $30 per month or $360 per year.  I can't imagine paying that much for television.  If you are looking to buy something to save money, this is a prime example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.