Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why I go to church

I attend church meetings most every weekend.  Today while there, I was thinking of the reasons why I go.  Here are my thoughts.

1.  Hebrews 10:24-25.  "Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing".  This is a verse from the Bible that is very clear about gathering for regular services.
2.  Habit.  My parents faithfully took us kids to church almost every week.  It was just something that we did.
3.  Forgetfulness.  I can forget things more quickly than I would care to admit.  I need to be in church to be reminded of eternal truths.
4.  Sinner.  I am a sinner and therefore I need forgiveness.  Going to church doesn't grant me forgiveness nor do I need to be in a building devoted to God to get forgiveness.  But asking God to forgive sin and confessing sin to Him even at church is a good reason to be there.
5.  Peace.  When I miss church I feel uneasy in my spirit.  I need to be in church to have my week complete.
6.  Example.  I wish to be a good example to those around me.  We vote with out feet and that is what I am doing by being at church Sunday mornings.  It is the best place to be.
7.  Spiritual leadership.  A man should care for the souls in his own household.  Part of that is taking them to a place where they can be feed spiritually.

I find it sad that many people never attend a church service where the Word of God is clearly preached.  I know I would be much less of a person without it.  If you are looking to nourish your soul, please seek out a Bible teaching fellowship.  To me, it is the most important time of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.