Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stopping for a refreshment

I am not one to stop at a coffee shop or a restaurant on the way home for a refreshment.  There have been a few times where I thought I would try it.  There is a favorite deli of mine that serves cold tea and hot coffee.  I spent the $2 and took a seat by myself.  I checked my iPod for emails, finished my drink, and left.  It wasn't very fun.  I don't understand the appeal.  In small towns throughout Wisconsin there are bars everywhere and cars line the street out front.  Evidently this is where people go to for a drink of some sort.  To me, it is not where I want to be.  I like to be home surrounded with the familiar.  Everything I need is pretty much here.  I most certainly don't need noise, crowds, or cigarette smoke.  On television, in the show Cheers for instance, people stop in and stay for hours, drinking and coming up with cleaver sayings.  I just don't see the need and the desire to do that is not inside of me.  When I am on my own time, I like to be at home.  I guess that makes me a home body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.