Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 5, 2011

What I want

Even more than any material thing, what I really want is work that I can love and be proud of, something that brings satisfaction.  I spend too much time at work for it to be something I hate or dread.  I have had jobs here and there doing many different things.  Usually, the pay was not great or the conditions where not what I was looking for, so I moved on.  Those jobs did not yield the success I am looking for.  As I am in the midst of a job hunt, I thought I would write about what I am looking for.  I want meaningful, purposeful work.  It needs to matter.  It needs to help people or better the environment or strengthen the economy.  Strong leadership is important to me so I would like to see competent leaders in my next place.  Expectations have to be reasonable and achievable.  Independence to a degree is something I need where I can work on my own perhaps off by myself or at my home.  I want there to be manageable levels of stress, not stress that causes me to loose sleep.  The best hours in the day for me are the morning hours so I would prefer to start at seven, or eight at the latest.  Lunch break would not need to be more than a half hour as I almost always pack a lunch.  I would like to be out by 4 PM but would like to have the option of leaving early, without penalty, if the work for the day has been completed.   Knowing what I am doing would really help but some learning would also be good.  I enjoy attending a class, lecture, or training now and then and I have shown that I can pass a test.  Being in an environment where I can admit to a mistake without fear and where I can ask for assistance would also help.  An understanding group of people to work with would be most appreciated.  I am task oriented and that is where I get my satisfaction.  When my list has a lot of check marks next to it, I feel good about myself.  Repetition in my job would be okay as I like predictability.  Pay and benefits are important as I have goals that require money.  Making a good income makes coming to work much more enjoyable.  I really want work that I can be happy with and that is what I am looking for in my next position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.