Thursday, March 22, 2012
It has been said to begin with the end in mind. How do you define winning? I am a short-distance runner. When I participate in a 5k, I define winning as finishing the race without stopping or walking.
There are five priorities in my life that I would like to define winning for.
1. God - I would like to have a growing, loving relationship with my Creator. Increasing in humility, awareness, and mercy.
2. Family - I would like to spend quality time with my family. Experiencing life together, relating, and doing various activities. Focusing on their needs, I will serve them and help them reach their goals.
3. Physical - I would like to have excellent health, be fully functional, at minimal pain levels.
4. Finances - I would be a responsible overseer of resources. My goal is to increase my holdings to a million plus so that I can give, do, and go as I decide too.
5. Career - I want to work where I am using my strengths 85% of the time, where I am delighted with my contributions, making a significant impact. Ownership, flexibility, and profitability would all be key components.