Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 23, 2012

Why such devotion?

Why such devotion?  Let me try to explain.  If a bullet was fired at you and a stranger stepped in front of you and took the bullet and died but you lived, would you feel some allegiance to the person who did that?  Would you want to know all about him or her?  Would you speak of your savior often?  If a person pushed you out of the way of a car heading straight for you but in the process got hit and died, would you not have gratitude in your heart toward that person?  In the same way, the Son of God, Jesus Christ died for me.  I did not know Him at the time but He knew me and looked down through time and saw me and did something for me that I could not do for myself.  He lived a perfect life not deserving of any punishment but He died because He knew I would otherwise need to be eternally punished.  Jesus did die but He rose from the dead after three days in the grave to show that He could not be mastered by even death.  His action of taking a fatal blow that was meant for me is the reason I have a devotion and dedication to Him.  I am most grateful for His death because it makes a way for me to live eternally.  I love Jesus and maybe you can now see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.