Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Read

Reading is an important exercise for me.  I read devotionals and the Bible in the morning.  Later, when I get onto my computer, I will read blog posts.  In the afternoon and evening, I enjoy reading a book.

Some of my favorite quotes on reading are as follows.  “The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them” from Mark Twain and “Leaders are readers” from Charles Jones.

Reading is a good way to relax and feed the brain.  It is very comforting to me.  I feel like I am doing something good and good for me when I stretch out on the couch and open a book.

I usually will have more than one book going at once.  Sometimes even three.  There are also a few magazines lying around that yield a good article or two.  My books lately have been coming from the library.  They are free and returnable.  I am not trying to collect books as I once was as I am not one to re-read or re-open a book once it has been completed.  I also like to live lightly.  At some point, I will again move and I don't like moving books as they can be as heavy as bricks.

Read in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening.  It is a great habit and a way to learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.