Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ideal Job II

This last week there were some terrible tornados in the mid-west.  Whole towns were destroyed.  People have lost loved ones.  Houses are completely gone.  I would like to serve as a person who comes in to clean up the mess and to counsel.  I would love to have a pick-up and a camper and be ready to go at a moments notice to far flung parts of the USA.  I could see arriving the day after the storm, finding a place to park the camper, coordinate with other volunteers, and go talk to people.  I would ask them if medical attention was necessary, if they had contacted their insurance agent, and if they needed my help with removing debris.  After a week or a month in one place, I would head out to the next mis-fortune.  I would love to have the freedom to just go.  I have always liked living lightly and having just what I need.  I think it would be a great job.  It would probably get crazy in spring and then quiet down in winter.  How to make this financially possible, I don't know.  Perhaps you have some ideas.  Please leave comments below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.