Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 12, 2012

Train your dog

This post is meant for dog owners.  All dogs need to go outside of the house to relieve themselves.  It is important that you as the owner make sure that the results are out of sight, mind, and smell.  When I go jogging around the pond, I notice that dogs and their owners have proceeded me on the same path.  As a result I have to be careful where I place my feet.  There are piles on the immediate side of the road and even in the middle of the road.  This is not the place for your animals droppings.  It is unsightly and it is disgusting.  Here is an idea and the one that we use in my house.  Very early on, we would take our young pup outside on a leach with a chock collar.  When we went outside we would  quickly walk her over to parts of our property that were not mown, that is, where the grass was tall.  Our command was and is "go potty".  She now associates the long grass and the command with going.  Now, even when we walk in the park or around the bock, she seeks out the tall grass to do her business.  You may say that you don't have any tall grass.  Well, let part of your lawn go tall and make it clear that from now on this is where your dog needs to head when he or she goes outside.  This is really simple, it works, and it makes for a more sanitary community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.