Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Plain Man

In Genesis (a book of the Bible), there is a man named Jacob.  While living with his family, he was described as "a plain man, dwelling in tents."  In contrast, his brother was described as "a cunning hunter, a man of the field."  Although there are a number of qualities of Jacob that I wish not to have, I do feel a certain kindred with his being a man among the tests.  In other words, he was someone that stayed home and did not venture out much.  I like being at home.  It is a secure place.  A place of peace and rest.  My own things are there and I can have quiet or I can be entertained.  I do like to get outdoors sometimes and see new places.  But I always like coming home after the day is over or after the trip is complete.  I like to set everything down and put things away and reflect and recharge.  I see myself as one who needs his space but also likes to be around civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.