Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Attendance at church


I believe attending services at a Bible church very important.  For one reason, God has told us to.  In Hebrews 4:24-25 it says "Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together".  When we obey God we are living our lives in a manner that says that we love Him.  Later in verse 25 it mentions we are to come together for "exhorting one another".  Exhorting is to strongly encourage someone.  We can't do that on our own.  We are also to come together as a group to present ourselves to the Lord.  It is also a public testimony of our faith in God.  We vote with our feet after all.  We also praise the Lord through song corporately, we have the chance to give out of our increase, and we can grow in our faith by hearing the Word preached.

It bothers me how people who attend church for a while will just drop out and never say anything to me.  I am left wondering if they are no longer believers (in that case, I should warn them) or if they are assembling with believers elsewhere.  It also bothers me when people leave church for petty reasons.  Someone supposedly said something that miffed them or the pastor got hot under the collar at a board meeting.  Aren't we suppose to love people through their faults and forgive them?

Attending church on a regular basis is of high importance to me.  When others attend my church it boosters my faith and I am encouraged.  People need to realized that their presents and absence does have an affect on me.

Do you attend church?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.