Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tell me about yourself


Yesterday, I was at a career fair.  When talking to company reps, it is helpful to have a short introduction speech.  Here is what I had to say when asked, "Tell me about yourself".

Hello, my name is Keith Kemp.  My target area for my job search is Appleton and Fox Cities.  I would like to work with a small to medium sized, privately owned company, which has $10-50 million in sales.

The jobs that I am exploring are Business Manager, Contract Management, and Technical Services.  I am administrative in nature and have a Bachelors in Business Administration.  I like to process my work efficiently and keep everything up-to-date.  My preference is to work behind the scenes and keep out of the spot light.  I am comfortable on the computer but also need to move around some and be active.  I enjoy meeting new people, learning new things, and travel.  I also like to have a certain amount of routine and predictability so I can improve incrementally.  

In the past, I worked as an Inside Sales Rep selling Cisco hardware and services.  I was at CDW for a short time and Convergys for 6.5 years.  CDW was a Chicago based company and I quickly realized that they weren’t my people.  While at Convergys, I was Inside Service Sales Representative of the year.  There were about 100 people on the program at the time and I won the award by consistently hitting my numbers.  Convergys was a good experience but I don’t want to go back to a call center environment.  Soft sales would be acceptable as I like the opportunity to earn incentives.  

I have organizational skills, computer skills, problem solving skills, creative thinking, and effective communication as well as interpersonal skills.  I am available immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.