Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Meeting new people


I like meeting new people.

One thing about a past office job was that as the years went by there were less and less new people to meet.  The program was losing more people then it was gaining.  On top of that the better people were leaving and the people arriving were less desirable.

I eventually worked at home and felt rather excluded and forgotten.  At first, I thought that I'd be coming into the office once per week for meetings and to check in.  However, any idea of bringing in the work-at-home folks was quickly forgotten.  I even asked my team lead if I could come in and she responded that she wouldn't know where to put me as all the cubes were filled.  I was surprised at her response because it seemed so different from the original plan.  It left me wondering if anyone remembered me.

When I meet new people I like to let my light shine into their lives.  I like to find something about them that inspires me to do something that I may forgotten recently.  Or maybe I can uncover something in their life that is totally new to me but is a great idea.

In the future, I hope that I can have more opportunity to mix it up with new people.  New people keep things fresh and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.