Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2012

Quitter Conference

This last weekend I went to Jon Acuff's Quitter Conference in Brentwood Tennessee.  Jon is an excellent communicator.  He speaks well, naturally, and with relevence and humor.  I never sensed that he lost his place or felt uncomfortable.  As an audience member, I trusted Jon's message and believed what he had to say.  He gave inspiration by relating stories of his own or from other people who are going through the process of discovering their dream.  He also gave practical advise by giving step by step ways to deal with things like fears. 

There ended up being more to this conference than I first thought.  I was expecting speakers and some opportunity to network.  The event unexpectedly provided a free watch, a free t-shirt, a band on Friday night, but also more content then I expected.

Attending the event required a long drive for me.  I was on the road 12 hours to get there.  There were the usual costs of gas, hotel, and food.  It was also time away from home and my normal routine.  Yet, it was worth it.  I would recommend Jon Acuff to anyone no matter what stage of life you are in at the moment.  He has excellent material and I consider him a rising star.  We will be hearing more of Mr. Acuff in the years ahead.  Become a fan while he is still early in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.