Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's like having a new phone


I purchased a Logitech h250 headset with mic this past weekend at Office Max.  It is one computer add-on that I never really thought about purchasing.  The headset is a little tight but there is a wonderful side benefit to having this item:  it's like I have a new phone.  My computer, the headset with mic, and Google Voice are all that is needed to make free calls through the internet.

To get it to work, I have to go to Gmail in the browser.  There is a small phone icon in the chat to the left.  I simply click the phone icon and a dial pad shows up on the right.  So far, I have called two people and they both said I sounded just fine.  No delay and no flutter.  No charge either, but I will keep my eyes open for that.  I think I had to sign up for Google+ to enable the dialing to work.  Anyway, it is pretty cool to think that I can dial out from my computer.  Now I need to figure out how I can receive calls through Google Voice on my computer.  That will be an experiment for later.

I love little upgrades and discoveries like this one.  There is something very satisfying about finding something useful like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.