Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

Financial

The third area of life is Financial.  This is an area I feel I have some success in.  The long and short of it is, I am able to hang onto money.  I have self-control and do not spend all that I have.  I do not barrow money and I have cut up my last credit card.  Cash, checking, and a debit card is how I pay for things.  My checkbook is balanced to the penny and has been for years now.  I have an emergency fund and retirement savings.  I have a budget and I track my spending with financial software on my MacBook.  I am not a gambler but I am an investor.  Once a year, I get a financial check-up and a free credit report.  My aim is to be in a position where I can give generously.  I have strong feelings about money.  I think there is a right way to handle money and I want others to do their best as I think I am doing my best.  My area of struggle is not with spending however.  It is with income.  The other side of the equation has been tough for me.  I would like to get my earnings up.  Way up.  Having the right career, in the right place, where I am able to truly get behind the work, is the place that I believe I will earn the most dollars.  Ultimately, I am dependent on the Lord, as He is my provider.  My interest in this area is strong.  So much so that I have considered it as a place I could have a profession.  So far, that has not happened.  I have not figured out a way to help people with their money and make money at the same time.  I was listening to Larry Burkett years ago and still tune into the ministry he started, Crown.  I also listen to Dave Ramsey and read his books.  Both of these men I trust a lot.  I am also taking Financial Peace University.  I believe handling money is a process.  We all need to be taking steps in the right direction even if we are not all there yet.  How we spend money is an outside indicator of our beliefs and values.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.