Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Physical

Physical is the next part of having a complete life.  Since childhood, I have enjoyed some form or another of outside activity.  That has been shooting baskets, biking, or playing football.  These days, my physical activity is more deliberate.  I am happy to be getting exercise 5 days a week.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I run 2 to 3 miles.  My route is through our subdivision.  It is an enjoyable run with little traffic and certainly doable even for me.   My goal is to complete four 5k races this year.  I have already completed one and my time improved over the times I had last year.  On Tuesday and Thursday I go to the city pool.  There, I go to the weight room and lift free weights and then go on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes.  After that I swim for about 15 minutes.  All told, I am there about an hour.  It is nice to do something that is somewhat social while getting some exercise.  The other physical activity I do is working in the yard, mowing, trimming, and planting and I also will take a walk with the dog.  The other side of physical is eating and living right.  I could probably improve in what I eat by simply taking in less sweets.  Sugar is a weakness of mine and one that I am easily drawn too.  Otherwise, I have eliminated or minimized other poisons.   It has been my life long goal to be physically fit and healthy.  I want to live my life to its greatest potential with minimum pain and maximum functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.