Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Last born

After yesterday's post, I wanted to clarify something.  Although I am not one that wants to stand out by being neither at the top nor at the bottom, my place in birth order was last.  I am the final child of my mother and father.  I have an older sister who is not quite two full years my senior but was always two grades ahead.  This was actually a good spacing I think.  We were not on the heals of each other but we didn't have such a large gap that we could not relate.  Being a last born, I think I can fall to the symptom that everything is going to be okay.  I have been more of the one who has gone along to see what happens and figuring that things will work out fine.  I have also discovered that I do not have much tolerance for people leaning on me or depending on me.  My hope for others is that they will take care of themselves.  When people are needy or clingy, it repels me.  I am guessing this is because I never had younger siblings to look after.  There are many more aspects of being the last born that I am sure would apply to me.  Books have been written on this subject.  One being by Dr. Kevin Leman called "The Birth Order Book".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.