Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Visual learner

My learning style leans toward visual.  I think once I see something done, I can mimic it.  When I read something, I will then be able to recall it and give my thoughts.  After printing out someones name and seeing it, I am much more likely to remember someones name.  That is not to say I do not value audio learning.  I listen to the radio and to podcasts daily.  I would like to think I am learning by hearing.  However, I have noticed that I can listen to someone speak and look right at them but I can not specifically recall things until I see what they said on a piece of paper.  This happened to me yesterday in a meeting.  It may come across as rude or like I am not paying attention.  To me, I am a little embarrassed because I am thinking I am a good listener and am giving the speaker my full attention.  But when I see it written, I immediately can understand and give a response.  This leads me to believe that I am a visual learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.