Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2012

20 things I enjoy


Dan Miller, author of "48 Days to the Work You Love", recently replied to a poster on his website.  "Be clearer on what you already enjoy. Make a list of 20 possibilities, narrow down to 3 or 4 that fit you best, do a little more research, choose the best one and act."  Below I wrote out 20 things I enjoy doing.  This took me a couple of days to do and I even had my wife look it over to see if there was anything major that I was missing.  Some of what I wrote may sound similar to other lines in the list.  Now that I have the list, I put an X next to 3 or 4 that fit me best.  This was tough as everything could have had an X next to it.  I don't mean to over think this but I marked those things that I thought I would enjoy in a work setting.  The other things are just life and are perhaps not something for an occupation.

Exercising by running, biking or swimming.
Attending church, seminars, events, or classes.
Updating and filling in information for my music files in iTunes.  x
Listening to music, podcasts, and stories.
Trimming the trees and shrubs in my backyard.
Balancing my checking account and keeping my other accounts up-to-date.  x
Reading blogs, books, magazines, and on-line articles.
Going to scenic places to enjoy the sights and experiences.  x
Discovering a new restaurant.
Being with my wife and others I care about.
Hiking and bird watching.
Picking up the house.
Keeping my computer software up-to-date.
Finding a deal or bargain on-line.
One-on-one or small-group meaningful conversations.
Keeping the garage and basement clean and free of clutter.
Updating my social media accounts.  x
Replacing or upgrading something on the house.
Meeting new people.
Crossing items off my to-do list.

Do you see any career or small business ideas in this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.