Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2012

iTouch


I think Apple dropped the ball when they named the iPod Touch.  A better name in my mind would have been the iTouch.  It is easier to say, it is one word, and it describes the product.  By naming it the iTouch and dropping the iPod from the name they would have created a whole new product segment.  Which I think accurately reflects their offerings.  An iPod Touch is so much more than a music player.  It is a mini computer you can hold in your hand.  There are apps to use.  There is a camera.  You can access the internet and read email.  I do a lot of listening through my iPod Touch but that is not the entire story.  I think a name can have an impact on a product and Apple should have named it the iTouch.  In fact, I don't think it is too late.

What do you think about renaming the iPod Touch to the iTouch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.